#Guelph CAO Contract Highlights Released Publicly
The City of Guelph’s new Chief administration Officer, Derrick Thomson, was hired by myself and City Council approximately 6 months ago.
Derrick formally approached council requesting that we make the highlights of his contract public as he wished to be transparent.
Council endorsed this unanimously and as Mayor I am very proud to have our CAO, the only person that council may hire or fire, take this important step.
The following are key highlights of the City of Guelph’s CAO employment contract:
- Term of Agreement: June 2, 2016 to midnight on April 30, 2019.
- Base salary: $230,000 annually with no increases during the term of the contract.
- Benefits: Eligible to participate in health, dental, disability, insurance and any other employee benefit programs offered by the Employer in accordance with the terms and conditions of the plans and policies.
- Automotive Allowance: $800 per month as compensation for both personal and business purposes.
- Vacation: Employee is entitled to six weeks of vacation annually.
- Overtime: Employee is not eligible for overtime, however will receive one week in lieu of all overtime worked in a year, in accordance with the Council approved NUME (non union municipal employee) compensation policy.