Heavy Rain Expected in #Guelph Tonight!
Heavy rain expected for Guelph and area
Help clear leaves from catch basins, storm drains
Guelph, ON, October 27, 2015 – Environment Canada has issued a special weather statement for Guelph and surrounding area. It is expected that 25 to 40 mm of rain could fall starting Tuesday night and continue into Wednesday.
In addition, wind gusts to 70 km/h are likely in most areas. These winds may be strong enough to cause some tree damage and local power outages, especially in areas where some or all leaves remain on the trees.
There is also a risk of street flooding in areas where catch basins or storm drains are covered with leaves. City crews are clearing catch basins in areas of the city known to experience flooding. Residents can help by clearing leaves from catch basins and storm drains in their neighbourhood. Residents can use the street view function in Google Maps to locate nearby drains.
Important phone numbers
Please include your name, phone number, and street address when reporting flooding or tree hazards:
- Report significant flooding to 519-837-5628
- Report tree hazards to 519-837-5626
- Drive according to road conditions and pack an emergency car kit
- Help keep storm drains and catch basins clear to prevent flooding
- Be cautious around waterways and ponds
- Call 911 to report downed power lines, stay clear and please be patient as crews respond
- Please check to make sure your 72 hour emergency kit is ready and well stocked